Re: [midatlanticretro] Maker Faire NYC 2011

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1 4:03 AM

      the InfoAge booth sounds big - just like last year, but I remember from then it was quite full. I suppose you had first dibs on what tables to use.

      I remember that many of the outdoor tents had power, as there were bunches of demos and displays running, whirring, and blinking among the various Maker booths - including InfoAge. And you didn't hear the roar of generators in the background, typical at other festivals :)  I would think you have to request this in advance too - don't expect to run a minicomputer on their power allotment ;)

      As for the weather, I believe the tents all have sides that roll down in the event it does rain. So that your stuff doesn't get wet. But you should still bring some plastic drop clothes to cover your stuff just to keep the ricocheting water drops from falling your stuff while it pours.

      I was hoping to setup a little workbench and make some little transistor logic gadgets that you can sell there. But I'm just running out of time and money - I'll have to save this idea for next year when I can better prepare during the off season. I'll most likely hitch a ride there so I wont have room to bring anything.

      But I can still help out on Sat or Sun or both - I'll be there all wknd.

      =Dan

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1 6:40 AM
        >>> So we would be outside ? Last year we were inside. Would we have power outside?

        Location of InfoAge's booth is unknown (to me) right now. I think outside is likely but not a definite thing yet. Either way there will be power.

        Dan: I don't know if we are allowed to sell stuff. I'll find out, hopefully at next week's meeting.