Re: [midatlanticretro] Virtual Vintage Computer Garage Sale

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 29, 2011
      I don't really want to make a big thread on MARCH's list, but because
      I have received so many emails already, here are additional clarifications

      1. This stuff is being sold through my company, so please send your
      offer(s) through http://www.vintagecomputer.net/contact.cfm so we can
      keep track of it all. I can try to answer individual questions if
      you're patient. The sales are going to be handled mostly Sean at the shop.

      2. What prices? - Best offer over $20 if you want it shipped, best
      offer over $0 if you plan to pick it up. In about three weeks we
      will contact the winning offerors and make arrangements on a case by
      case basis. An offer of $0 is fine, if you plan to pick up the item
      and no one else bids more.

      Answers to some early questions

      3. I am not going to Maker Faire this fall, but I am going to fly
      out to the VCF MW again most likely.

      4.
      a. A bigboard, if it will help fix MARCH's Xerox 820 goes to MARCH,
      otherwise the $$ will go to MARCH.
      b. Same goes for the PC Jr lot, these items must be kept together
      and the proceeds to go MARCH. This is a very comprehensive lot of
      all the good stuff including after market items. I will try to post
      an inventory. THis lot must go to a collector, not someone who will
      try to re-sell.
      c. If there are any other items where the person who gave them to me
      did not expect me to sell the items for profit, I will donate the
      proceeds to MARCH.
      d. The Teleray terminal works but it has some loose connections. I
      have notes on the back for how to make it work with MARCH's
      CUTTER-driven Altair. It will work with the Altair at MARCH as-is.
      e. The tape drives are mostly untested, but are cosmetically ok.
      f. All items are cleaned, no rats, bugs, or rust. I don't keep
      anything unless I can store it. The items have been stored for years
      indoors with air/heat year round.

      5. If you are interested in taking whatever was not sold at the end
      of this sale, let me know also through vintagecomputer.net/contact.cfm

      6. There is more than the photos, so if you want to stop by
      Wilmington to see the items / cash and carry please make an appointment.

      7. When all of this is done, another round of completely new stuff
      will be sold.

      8. Lastly, offers that are a hassle will be rejected. If for
      example I have to disassemble a TRS 80 Model II to get to the disk
      drive, and the offer is $5, well...don't expect something for nothing.

      I am trying to reduce my inventory to only that which I need or have
      interest in. I have too many duplicates, and not enough time. I
      want others to enjoy these items if I cannot. Also, I am losing the
      space in about a month, at which time it will all go to the scrap heap.

      Bill

      Thanks

      Bill

      At 07:48 PM 6/29/2011, you wrote:
      >Bill,
      >
      >I'm interested in a few things you've got listed. In order of interest:
      >
      > Ferguson BigBoard (looks like you might have two of these,
      > interested in both)
      > 8085 Card (of course!)
      > Shugart 800 and/or Xerox 8in Drives
      > IBM 5151 Display
      > GRAB BAG 16
      >
      >What are you looking to get from them price-wise? I can pay for
      >shipping, but I'd rather just pick it up next time I'm down that
      >way, since it's not too far away from me. Will you be going to the
      >Maker Faire in NYC this fall?
      >
      >Thanks,
      >Jonathan

    • Bob Aviles
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2011
        Hi Bill,

            I would like to buy the Tandy trs80 monitor "good con't" list # 728552, If you still have it.
        We meant in the VCF this year, and I sent you a email in reference to the 8050.
        so if you still have the Tandy monitor, how much for it?

        Thanks
        Bobby