Re: [midatlanticretro] Virtual Vintage Computer Garage Sale
- I don't really want to make a big thread on MARCH's list, but because
I have received so many emails already, here are additional clarifications
1. This stuff is being sold through my company, so please send your
offer(s) through http://www.vintagecomputer.net/contact.cfm so we can
keep track of it all. I can try to answer individual questions if
you're patient. The sales are going to be handled mostly Sean at the shop.
2. What prices? - Best offer over $20 if you want it shipped, best
offer over $0 if you plan to pick it up. In about three weeks we
will contact the winning offerors and make arrangements on a case by
case basis. An offer of $0 is fine, if you plan to pick up the item
and no one else bids more.
Answers to some early questions
3. I am not going to Maker Faire this fall, but I am going to fly
out to the VCF MW again most likely.
a. A bigboard, if it will help fix MARCH's Xerox 820 goes to MARCH,
otherwise the $$ will go to MARCH.
b. Same goes for the PC Jr lot, these items must be kept together
and the proceeds to go MARCH. This is a very comprehensive lot of
all the good stuff including after market items. I will try to post
an inventory. THis lot must go to a collector, not someone who will
try to re-sell.
c. If there are any other items where the person who gave them to me
did not expect me to sell the items for profit, I will donate the
proceeds to MARCH.
d. The Teleray terminal works but it has some loose connections. I
have notes on the back for how to make it work with MARCH's
CUTTER-driven Altair. It will work with the Altair at MARCH as-is.
e. The tape drives are mostly untested, but are cosmetically ok.
f. All items are cleaned, no rats, bugs, or rust. I don't keep
anything unless I can store it. The items have been stored for years
indoors with air/heat year round.
5. If you are interested in taking whatever was not sold at the end
of this sale, let me know also through vintagecomputer.net/contact.cfm
6. There is more than the photos, so if you want to stop by
Wilmington to see the items / cash and carry please make an appointment.
7. When all of this is done, another round of completely new stuff
will be sold.
8. Lastly, offers that are a hassle will be rejected. If for
example I have to disassemble a TRS 80 Model II to get to the disk
drive, and the offer is $5, well...don't expect something for nothing.
I am trying to reduce my inventory to only that which I need or have
interest in. I have too many duplicates, and not enough time. I
want others to enjoy these items if I cannot. Also, I am losing the
space in about a month, at which time it will all go to the scrap heap.
At 07:48 PM 6/29/2011, you wrote:
>I'm interested in a few things you've got listed. In order of interest:
> Ferguson BigBoard (looks like you might have two of these,
> interested in both)
> 8085 Card (of course!)
> Shugart 800 and/or Xerox 8in Drives
> IBM 5151 Display
> GRAB BAG 16
>What are you looking to get from them price-wise? I can pay for
>shipping, but I'd rather just pick it up next time I'm down that
>way, since it's not too far away from me. Will you be going to the
>Maker Faire in NYC this fall?
>Yahoo! Groups Links
- Hi Bill,I would like to buy the Tandy trs80 monitor "good con't" list # 728552, If you still have it.We meant in the VCF this year, and I sent you a email in reference to the 8050.so if you still have the Tandy monitor, how much for it?ThanksBobby
From: B Degnan <billdeg@...>
Sent: Wed, June 29, 2011 7:40:06 PM
Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Virtual Vintage Computer Garage Sale
At 06:59 PM 6/29/2011, you wrote:
>I am selling off a few things:I should add
>Items located in Wilmington, Delaware USA
1. Yes shipping is available but the minimum order is $20 if you
want to have an item shipped
2. If the item was donated to me with intention not to sell, the $
will go to MARCH as a donation.
3. Items with initials on them are tentatively sold
4. Cash, Paypal, CreditCard, check accepted
5. Pick up welcome - Wilmington, Delaware