Museum update

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 26, 2011
      Helloooooooooooo MARCHins.

      Gave myself a day off, but Jeff B. and Jeff F. kept up their great work
      at InfoAge today.

      Jeff B. removed most of MARCH's belongings from Room 6. Just a little
      bit more to go in there, which almost certainly will be finished next
      weekend or the weekend after that. Then we'll report back to Fred, and
      he'll have other people clean the non-MARCH stuff out of there, followed
      by fixing up the room. I am getting increasingly psyched about the
      "modern history" exhibit that we'll build in that room. Not only did
      Jeff B. move a lot of stuff today, he did so despite most of the primary
      sidewalks and ramps being torn up due to the in-progress ADA
      construction. Awesome.

      Jeff F. delivered more Epson gear, etc., from the Kirk estate. He also
      sorted IBM 1130 manuals, AT&T 3B2 hardware, and delivered some
      non-computer items from the Kirk estate to other InfoAge groups. He
      wrote to me: "Diver Dan greatly appreciated the books about ship
      navigation and mapping. The radio club's happy with the WW II radio
      manuals and amateur radio things. The small parts cabinets are now in
      the IXR* space." (J.J.'s been on a sorting-and-organizing tear for
      MARCH. That is invaluable, because I stink at it.)

      * IXR is the new hackerspace that's moved into InfoAge -- "Institute for
      Exploratory Research" which borrows its name from a historic Camp Evans
      department.
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 26, 2011
        > Jeff F. delivered

        Oops. I meant Jeff J.
        Message 3 of 14 , May 28, 2012
          Hi all,

          Yesterday was good! InfoAge's staff BBQ was a success and MARCH was well
          represented by me, Alise, Bryan, Jeff B., Jeff J., and Corey.

          A couple of weeks ago Bryan said he's giving his collection to us. I
          thought he meant a handful of systems in the back seat of his car.
          Instead, he showed up in a FULL box truck. It's a good thing me and the
          Jeff(s) spent the past few months clearing/organizing our club's storage
          area .... because now it's full again! It will be quite a while before
          we inventory what Bryan donated. Some of it we'll keep (some of his
          PETs, Fairchild Model F, etc.) and other things we'll offer for sale
          (many more C-64, TI-99/4a, etc.)

          Also we had about 30 museum visitors yesterdays -- young kids, older
          kids, parents, seniors, techies, etc. -- a very diverse audience this
          weekend.
        • ekoblentz
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 20, 2013
            Another day of hard, productive, and fun work in the warehouse! Jeff B. and I arrived at 11, worked until 2, took an hour for lunch, and worked again until almost 7. We built four or five shelving units, organized large bunches of things, and cleared ever more floor space.

            Neither of us are free next Sunday or the following Sunday. But I'd like to do warehouse work on at least one of the next two Saturdays. Anyone up for it?
          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 20, 2013
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 15, 2013
                Jeff J. and I spent about five hours working in the warehouse today. We sorted books to keep vs. sell. We got through about 1/3rd of the books. We also retrieved an ADM3-A that Neil C. donated, and we in turn donated some electronics books to IXR.

                Jeff B. will be on-site this Sunday.

                _____
                Sent from a phone...
                Message 7 of 14 , May 17, 2014
                  I went to the museum today because there were three InfoAge events happening and so we'd have lots of visitors. We were not disappointed! Visitors galore today, many of whom had good technical backgrounds, including a couple of potential new MARCHins and one person who sorta-kinda knew Jeff J. from their mutual time at Concurrent.

                  Jeff J. himself was there today and Herb also stopped by. Herb took home one of our Zenith Z-100 systems for restoration.

                  I checked out our storage area. The new roof is halfway done.
                • Jeffrey Brace
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 18, 2014
                    Evan it seems that in general there are more visitors on Saturday than Sunday. All the other museum guys say about how many people come on Saturdays. What do you think about giving tours in Saturdays instead of Sundays? I can't do Saturdays, but maybe Corey, you and Mouse can? The last several times it has been very quiet when I was here giving tours on Sundays.