Paging Jeff Jonas...

  • brian_cirulnick
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2011
      A home built Z-80 based computer, that's been built for speed -- most of the extra boards in this machine are to handle processing, so that Z-80 only has to do the number-crunching, not handle i/o, etc.

      Pretty interesting stuff really (but the photos are blurry)..

      http://bfreebandingtalktheplanet.runboard.com/t2663
    • Jeff Jonas
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2011
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "brian_cirulnick" <techrat@...> wrote:

        > A home built Z-80 based computer, that's been built for speed
        > http://bfreebandingtalktheplanet.runboard.com/t2663

        A clever chap indeed.

        My 50 MHz eZ80 or Circuit Cellar SB180 might outrun it,
        if not for Zilog being mostly dead by now
        and few folks using Zilog products anymore.

        But there's a pleasure in using the original Z80
        with the simple pinout and signalling,
        as well as the support of the In Circuit Emulator.
        If only he were close enough to visit with those tools.

        -- jeffj