Only one day to go! 1st SRCS meeting Saturday

  • gsteemso
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2011
      Once again, I hope the membership will forgive this slight diversion
      from total relevance to the Northeast:

      I am pleased to reannounce... the Seattle Retro-Computing Society's
      inaugural meeting, on Saturday, June 25th, 2011!

      Do you do any of the following with old computers near Seattle?

      + Use them
      + Collect them
      + Play games on them
      + Write programs for them
      + Develop new hardware for them
      + Help other people do any of the above

      If your answer was "yes," as I expect it will be if you're reading this
      near Seattle, then the SRCS is for you! We exist so you can show off
      your awesome stuff, bounce ideas off of fellow enthusiasts, and be
      inspired by one another's achievements, plans and aspirations.

      No idea is too big or too small, and we're not picky about what flavor
      of vintage machine you prefer! Come on down and tell us about it!

      The meeting is graciously hosted by the Living Computer Museum, a
      relatively new organization which is building a computer museum in
      Seattle's SODO neighborhood. There will be refreshments, presentations
      on various vintage topics of interest, and enough table space & power to
      set up anything you may want to show off!

      For further details, please see our page at http://srcs.nfshost.com/ and
      Hope to see you there!

      Gordon Steemson
      SRCS agitator-in-chief