RE: [midatlanticretro] Dazzler - But what about the Dazzler itself

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2011
      The only difference between my IMSAI and a Z1 is the piece of plastic
      film between the sheets of plexi that make the front panel. The Z1
      chassis was made by IMSAI and contained the IMSAI power supply, the
      IMSAI motherboard and the IMSAI front panel. Oh, my IMSAI chassis has
      an IMSAI serial number sticker. I'm not sure if the Z1 had a Cromemco
      sticker. Anyway, all of the cards in the box with the Dazzler are
      Cromemco... ZCPU, 16FDC, TU-ART, 64kz and D+7A. I suppose a 4FDC might
      be more correct for a Z1, I have a couple but I don't use them because
      they don't work very well. From what I read, they didn't work all that
      well when they were new. The data separator on the 4FDC was not designed
      correctly.

    • Richard Cini
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2011
        Re: [midatlanticretro] Dazzler - But what about the Dazzler  itself On 6/21/11 6:51 PM, "B Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

        Who has a Dazzler anyway?  This thread kind of took a left turn :-)

        I would love someday to see a Cromemco Z1 with a Dazzler at VCF.  I
        know Bill S had one at VCF a few years ago but it was in a SOL or IMSAI.

        bd

        Sorry, recycling an old thread because we spoke about the JS1 together with the Dazzler. I have a working Dazzler in my IMSAI and I’m trying to get the JS working so I can try the few games that use it. I’ll probably start working on the JS next week when I get the other zener diodes.

        Rich

        --
        Rich Cini
        Collector of Classic Computers