IBM PCjr hardware add-ons/availability

  • Bill Pileggi
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2006
      While not particularly helpful - when I worked in N. NJ (1991-5)(Farmingdale), there was a computer company that had a mail-order catalog filled with stuff for the IBM PCjr and other IBM compatibles. The company, and I, were located in the same region as the Info-age musuem site. I had their catalog for years, now tossed, but it had EVERYTHING for the PCjr, and at outrageous prices for 1991+. Does this sound familiar to anyone? (That catalog would, I suppose, be a useful source of info. today...)

      They also had a '386 add-in card (ISA) for the regular PC which I wanted, but it cost several hundred. Did see one at a hamfest a number of years ago...I had a '286 "turbo-charger" board in my XT, and it was fast :-) Bill KA3AIS

    • Brian Heise
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2006
        I can recall a major publication like that....but for the life of me, its probably been since late 80's since Ive seen it.  Wish I could remember too...

        Brian

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2006
          Was the company PC Enterpises? I have one of their later catalogs in a box somewhere. Catalogs are as valuable as magazines as they document specifications. I save that kind of stuff.

          Jim

[...]

          Yahoo! Photos Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
          Photo Books. You design it and well bind it!
        • Brian Heise
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 25, 2006

            As a matter of fact....I completely forgot about PCE.  They were there (and still are) in NJ...Actually..I got their last to big boxes of "stuff" about 2.5 yrs ago.  I have spoken with Joseph Calabria a few times about what a great company it was.  Thats also where I got a lightpen for my jr (really rare, because I know of noone else to have ever had one....)...They are now 100% jr-free though...  Heck I even got some of their old testing HDD's, etc....I was hoping for some cool stuff on them, but really nothing there :(

            Brian