Making the exhibits more personal

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2011
      I think the exhibits should have the following

      a small place card with the following

      Donated by: "Donator's name"
      Restored by" "March Member's name"

      This was owned by "Donator's name". (s)he bought it in 19xx and used it until xxxx. It was used for blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

      It was restore by "March Member's name" who said.. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2011
        Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> writes:

        >I think the exhibits should have the following
        >
        >a small place card with the following
        >
        >Donated by: "Donator's name" Restored by" "March Member's name"

        Nice idea.

        >This was owned by "Donator's name". (s)he bought it in 19xx and used it
        >until xxxx. It was used for blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
        >
        >It was restore by "March Member's name" who said.. blah blah blah blah
        >blah blah blah blah

        I'd suggest a larger "laminated" sheet with the Donor/Restorer info
        and some general data on the front. Flip it over for more detailed
        data on the back.

        The front side can be printed using a larger font for this general
        info such that it can be readily seen when one peruses the exhibit
        and, if there's interest, they can pickup and read the back detail.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 20, 2011
          I agree, _great_ idea. All of these machines have a sign with the
          specifications, right? Maybe the donor and restorer info could be on the
          same card.

          Jim

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 21, 2011
            > I agree, _great_ idea. All of these machines have a sign with the specifications, right? Maybe the donor and restorer info could be on the same card.

            We will definitely do this. It will be easy for most of our unique artifacts, because we know the source of those. However it will be problematic for the more common artifacts, because we have no clue * which * Apple IIe or TRS-80 is on display.

            The plan: we'll keep the donation signs small and tasteful. The timeframe: perhaps this fall, after we finish building the Room 6 exhibit and sprucing up some exhibit details that we rushed (and cut corners) from pre-VCF.