Interesting new book

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2011
      Fyi -- no this is not my book. :)

      But I know the author and I've seen early parts of it. Looking forward to reading the final version.

      All text below is the author's description, not mine.

      Z. Stachniak, "Inventing the PC: the MCM/70 Story", McGill-Queen's University Press, 2011, http://mqup.mcgill.ca/book.php?bookid=2643

      The book details the invention and design of the MCM/70 micro,
      possibly the world's earliest computer dedicated specifically for personal use. The MCM/70 was designed and manufactured by a Toronto-based electronics company Micro Computer Machines in the early 1970s. The first prototype of the MCM/70 was publicly demonstrated in May of 1973.

      Providing comprehensive historical background and rich photographic documentation, "Inventing the PC" offers an insider's view of events on the front lines of pioneering work on personal computers.