Taking out the TRaSh

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 11, 2011
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 11, 2011
        I have one or two trs 80 model II's available if anyone wants to pick them up.
        bd

        At 04:33 PM 6/11/2011, you wrote:

        Taking out the TRaSh
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/ragooman/5821765169/

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 12, 2011
          On 6/12/11 12:59 AM, B Degnan wrote:
          > I have one or two trs 80 model II's available if anyone wants to pick
          > them up.

          I may be interested in one of these post-move if there's still one
          available at that time.

          Dave McGuire
          Port Charlotte, FL
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 12, 2011
            When are you coming up to Pittsb? You can always detour through
            Delaware, and then West to Pittsburgh.. :-)
            bd

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 12, 2011
              On 6/12/11 8:31 PM, B Degnan wrote:
              > When are you coming up to Pittsb? You can always detour through
              > Delaware, and then West to Pittsburgh.. :-)

              Autumn and I are going to Pittsburgh tomorrow, but going via Delaware
              is one hell of a detour. ;)

              We'll be swinging through Maryland on one of the upcoming truck trips
              (picking up some goodies from a friend: a TU45 magtape drive for my
              PDP-10, and an IBM 029 keypunch station!) and can likely drop by then.
              Maybe we can get some pizza or something.

              Dave McGuire
              Port Charlotte, FL
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 12, 2011
                OK. I will be making some sort of announcement about everything I am
                selling/giving away very soon to make space.
                bd

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 12, 2011
                  Sounds good, I will watch for it.

                  -Dave

                  On 6/12/11 8:44 PM, B Degnan wrote:
                  > OK. I will be making some sort of announcement about everything I am
                  > selling/giving away very soon to make space.
                  > bd
                  >

                  > At 08:40 PM 6/12/2011, you wrote:
                  >> On 6/12/11 8:31 PM, B Degnan wrote:
                  >>> When are you coming up to Pittsb? You can always detour through
                  >>> Delaware, and then West to Pittsburgh.. :-)
                  >>
                  >> Autumn and I are going to Pittsburgh tomorrow, but going via Delaware
                  >> is one hell of a detour. ;)
                  >>
                  >> We'll be swinging through Maryland on one of the upcoming truck trips
                  >> (picking up some goodies from a friend: a TU45 magtape drive for my
                  >> PDP-10, and an IBM 029 keypunch station!) and can likely drop by then.
                  >> Maybe we can get some pizza or something.
                  >>
                  >> -Dave
                  >>
                  >> --
                  >> Dave McGuire
                  >> Port Charlotte, FL

                  Dave McGuire
                  Port Charlotte, FL
                • brian_cirulnick
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 14, 2011

                    > On 6/12/11 12:59 AM, B Degnan wrote:
                    > > I have one or two trs 80 model II's available if anyone wants to pick
                    > > them up.
                    >
                    > I may be interested in one of these post-move if there's still one
                    > available at that time.

                    I'm in desperate need of a Keyboard for a Model II, but I'll take the whole thing if it gets me a keyboard!
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 14, 2011
                      first to come pick it up....

                      At 10:58 AM 6/14/2011, you wrote:

                      >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > On 6/12/11 12:59 AM, B Degnan wrote:
                      > > > I have one or two trs 80 model II's available if anyone wants to pick
                      > > > them up.
                      > >
                      > > I may be interested in one of these post-move if there's still one
                      > > available at that time.
                      > >

                      >I'm in desperate need of a Keyboard for a Model II, but I'll take
                      >the whole thing if it gets me a keyboard!

                    • Mike Loewen
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 14, 2011
                        On Tue, 14 Jun 2011, brian_cirulnick wrote:

                        > I'm in desperate need of a Keyboard for a Model II, but I'll take the whole thing if it gets me a keyboard!

                        Do you not have one, or do you have a bad one? They can be rebuilt,
                        you know.

                        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                      • brian_cirulnick
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 14, 2011

                          > On Tue, 14 Jun 2011, brian_cirulnick wrote:
                          >
                          > > I'm in desperate need of a Keyboard for a Model II, but I'll take the whole thing if it gets me a keyboard!
                          >
                          > Do you not have one, or do you have a bad one? They can be rebuilt,
                          > you know.

                          I don't have one :-( I have the main unit, but no keyboard.
                        • Kelly D. Leavitt
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 15, 2011
                            > I don't have one :-( I have the main unit, but no keyboard.

                            It is a simple bit serial protocol at I think 5 mhz. The keyboard can be emulated easily with a pic controller and a ps/2 keyboard.

                            All the references are available on line. I should finish this some day. Someone in MARCH started a replacement, but it was never completed.

                            Kelly