presentations

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 24, 2006
      Ecan, you were saying that a link between VCF East and the one and
      Europe would be great. We would need some typr of large video monitor.
      There is an old Hitachi Big Screen for free on craigslist. Could this be
      of use?
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 24, 2006
        Joe Giliberti wrote:
        > Ecan, you were saying that a link between VCF East and the one and
        > Europe would be great. We would need some typr of large video monitor.
        > There is an old Hitachi Big Screen for free on craigslist. Could this be
        > of use?

        How big are we talking?

        Peace... Sridhar
      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 24, 2006
          Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
          Joe Giliberti wrote:

          Ecan, you were saying that a link between VCF East and the one and
          Europe would be great. We would need some typr of large video monitor.
          There is an old Hitachi Big Screen for free on craigslist. Could this be
          of use?

          How big are we talking?

          Peace...  Sridhar
          46" rear projection. Its somewhere in bergan county
        • Sridhar Ayengar
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 24, 2006
            Joe Giliberti wrote:
            > Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
            >
            >>Joe Giliberti wrote:
            >>

            >>>Ecan, you were saying that a link between VCF East and the one and
            >>>Europe would be great. We would need some typr of large video monitor.
            >>>There is an old Hitachi Big Screen for free on craigslist. Could this be
            >>>of use?
            >>>

            >>How big are we talking?
            >>
            >>Peace... Sridhar
            >>
            > 46" rear projection. Its somewhere in bergan county

            Is that big enough for our purposes?

            Peace... Sridhar
          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 24, 2006
              Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

              >Joe Giliberti wrote:
              >

              >>Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

              >>>How big are we talking?
              >>>
              >>>Peace... Sridhar
              >>>

              >>46" rear projection. Its somewhere in bergan county
              >>

              >Is that big enough for our purposes?
              >
              >Peace... Sridhar

              The absolute biggest I have seen a rear projection TV is 60". After
              that, you need to shell out for an LCD projector. There is a 60" rear
              projection VGA monitor on eBay, but its already past $200
            • Evan

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 24, 2006
                  Joe Giliberti wrote:
                  Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

                  Joe Giliberti wrote:

                  Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

                  Joe Giliberti wrote:

                  Ecan, you were saying that a link between VCF East and the one and
                  Europe would be great. We would need some typr of large video monitor.
                  There is an old Hitachi Big Screen for free on craigslist. Could this be
                  of use?

                  How big are we talking?

                  Peace...  Sridhar

                  46" rear projection. Its somewhere in bergan county

                  Is that big enough for our purposes?

                  Peace...  Sridhar

                  The absolute biggest I have seen a rear projection TV is 60". After
                  that, you need to shell out for an LCD projector. There is a 60" rear
                  projection VGA monitor on eBay, but its already past $200
                  Wait, I was wrong. Its Buy It Now for $200, and its in the MARCH area (Baltimore), but they don't say if it works.
                • Evan
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 24, 2006
                    >>> The absolute biggest I have seen a rear projection TV is 60".

                    A friend of mine has a 65-inch rear projection.

                    VCF East and the one and
                    need some typr of large video monitor.
                    Hitachi Big Screen for free on craigslist. Could this be
                    use?

                    >>>How big are we
                    talking?

                    >>>Peace...
                    Sridhar

                    >>46" rear projection. Its somewhere in bergan
                    county

                    >Is that big
                    enough for our purposes?

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 24, 2006
                      Joe Giliberti wrote:
                      > Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                      >

                      >>Joe Giliberti wrote:

                      >>>46" rear projection. Its somewhere in bergan county
                      >>>

                      >>Is that big enough for our purposes?
                      >>
                      >>Peace... Sridhar
                      >>

                      > The absolute biggest I have seen a rear projection TV is 60". After
                      > that, you need to shell out for an LCD projector. There is a 60" rear
                      > projection VGA monitor on eBay, but its already past $200

                      The biggest rear projection TV I've ever seen is 82". And it's loads
                      more money than an LCD front-projector.

                      Peace... Sridhar
                    • Greg N Shari
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 24, 2006
                        I have one of those projectors that hooks to a computer via VGA port or RCA composite we could use even if that would help.

                        Greg Manuel
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 26, 2006
                          Greg,

                          A projector would be great if we can do the presentations in a room with
                          controlled light and sufficient space to project on a screen. The walls at
                          InfoAge are not clean or smooth enough for projecting even if you can find
                          one that's large enough. I don't know where Evan is planning to hold the
                          presentations.

                          Jim

                          --- Greg N Shari <goodtimepa@...> wrote:

                          > I have one of those projectors that hooks to a computer via VGA port or RCA
                          > composite we could use even if that would help.
                          >
                          > Greg Manuel

                        • Evan
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 26, 2006
                            The big room next to the dining hall, assuming we don't have enough exhibitors to need it for overflow.

                            A projector would be great if we can do the presentations in a room with
                            controlled light and sufficient space to project on a screen. The walls at
                            InfoAge are not clean or smooth enough for projecting even if you can find
                            one that's large enough. I don't know where Evan is planning to hold the
                            presentations.

                            Jim

                            --- Greg N Shari <goodtimepa@...> wrote:

                            > I have one of those
                            projectors that hooks to a computer via VGA port or RCA
                            > composite we
                            could use even if that would help.

                            > Greg
                            Manuel