Seattle Retro-Computing Society inaugural meeting June 25th

  • gsteemso
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4 8:11 PM
      [I realize that MARCH is based nearly three thousand miles away from Seattle; I ask the membership to forgive this slight detour from totally rigid topical adherence, in the spirit of fraternal collaboration. :¬) ]

      I am pleased to announce... the Seattle Retro-Computing Society's
      inaugural meeting, on Saturday, June 25th, 2011!

      Do you do any of the following with old computers in the Seattle area?

      + Use them
      + Collect them
      + Play games on them
      + Write programs for them
      + Develop new hardware for them
      + Help other people do any of the above

      If your answer was "yes," then the SRCS is for you! We exist so you can
      show off your awesome stuff, bounce ideas off of fellow enthusiasts, and
      be inspired by one another's achievements, plans and aspirations.

      No idea is too big or too small, and we're not picky about what flavor
      of vintage machine you prefer! Come on down and tell us about it!

      The meeting is graciously hosted by the Living Computer Museum, a
      relatively new organization which is building a computer museum in
      Seattle's SODO neighborhood. There will be refreshments, presentations
      on various vintage topics of interest, and enough table space & power to
      set up anything you may want to show off!

      For further details, please see our page at http://srcs.nfshost.com/.
      Hope to see you there!
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4 8:30 PM
        > [I realize that MARCH is based nearly three thousand miles away from Seattle; I ask the membership to forgive this slight detour from totally rigid topical adherence, in the spirit of fraternal collaboration. :¬) ]
        >
        > I am pleased to announce... the Seattle Retro-Computing Society's
        > inaugural meeting, on Saturday, June 25th, 2011!
        >
        > Do you do any of the following with old computers in the Seattle area?

        You need to get Michael Holley involved.