TCF, was Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: VCF exhibits / vendors

    Message 1 of 47 , Jun 1, 2011
      On 5/31/11 10:25 PM, epsilonprocess wrote:
      > I meant it in the spirit of what TCF used to have as far as decent
      > stuff, which is long gone.

      This is very sad to hear. As some of you know, I'm from NJ, but I've
      been in FL for the past decade, and DC for the decade before that. I
      attended TCF every year from 1983 to maybe 1989 or so, always as a
      vendor. I think I still have most of my vendor badges, tucked away in a
      box somewhere.

      I always had stuff to sell, but as any early TCFer will tell you, the
      main reason most of us set up as sellers was to get in earlier than the
      buyers. ;) Someone once theorized that 80% of the stuff sold at TCF was
      sold to other sellers. After awhile, one would start to recognize the
      same stuff showing up year after year, at different sellers' tables.

      TCF was nothing short of awesome in its heyday. It changed a lot
      when it moved to the MCCC campus, but it was still good for a little
      while after that. The other thing that really put a damper on things
      was when that dirtbag from the IRS started showing up taking notes. I
      don't know if he ever realized it, but he was in danger of real physical
      harm more than once. ;)

      I recently caught up with an old mentor of mine, the guy who hooked
      me up with that oh-so-proud-of-it-even-to-this-day great job at
      Princeton University. When he heard that I'm doing a stint in WV, he
      told me about TCF this year, and I tried to make it out there but
      couldn't make the schedule work. I will definitely go next year, even
      if it's just to "see the body in the casket" so to speak.

      Dave McGuire
      Port Charlotte, FL
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 5, 2011
        No luck, sorry.

        From: B Degnan <billdeg@...>
        Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 12:15:54 -0400
        To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Early Pdp 11 assembly training course?

        Great. Fyi they're practically free on half.com etc

        Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/join (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email: midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com midatlanticretro-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: midatlanticretro-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/