Re: [midatlanticretro] Please pick a new subject line. :)

    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2011
      Doh ... 'sent' my previous reply too soon ... thus an empty message.

      >>> vintage computing is going to split some time soon into two generations

      I disagree.

      But I strongly agree that it's wise to get young people interested in computer history, and I'm proud of what MARCH has done toward that so far. Jeff F. and Matt are great examples, as is Alex P. who did the Hero robot exhibit. For audiences even younger than them, we're building the "recent history" museum exhibit this summer. And at several other events (such as Maker Faire, NJ Science Festival, etc.), we demo'd the "Shredz 64" game which kids love.

      Sleep time now.

      I hope by morning we're back to discussing on-topic things, such as why the Atari 1040ST was the first REAL microcomputer. ;)