Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: VCF exhibits / vendors

    Message 1 of 47 , May 31, 2011
      I think we're using different definitions, and that's causing a simple misunderstanding.

      From my perspective the traditional exhibitors and the new vendor booths are entirely separate and different things. By "exhibitors" I mean non-commercial themed displays (who may quietly sell things as long as it's not in plain view of the public.) By vendors I mean commercial sales booths (who may also display awesome stuff if they're so inclined.)

      I have no concerns at all about * commercial * vendors (like you). These booths complement the VCF. In fact I tried hard to get * more * than just three vendors this year.

      My only concern, which was in response to Anthony (but applies to many people), is that if we let individual sellers (vs only companies/organizations) into the vendors area, then THAT might have the unintended consequence of making some people sell instead of display -- which would be a bad thing in my opinion.

      That's why I think our current formula is just about perfect:
      - traditional exhibitors
      - consignment for everyone
      - commercial vendors
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 5, 2011
        No luck, sorry.

        From: B Degnan <billdeg@...>
        Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 12:15:54 -0400
        To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Early Pdp 11 assembly training course?

        Great. Fyi they're practically free on half.com etc

        Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/join (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email: midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com midatlanticretro-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: midatlanticretro-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/