RE: [midatlanticretro] IMSAI to make the same music an Altair can?

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2011

      I’ve never investigated it.  Look at this page:

      http://www.sol20.org/programs.html

      scroll down to targ.ent.  There’s a wav file there too.  My Sol sounds the same on

      an AM radio placed next to it.  There are a couple of other games on that page that

      do similar “radio tricks”.  If I get some time, I will disassemble the ENT and see

      if I can identify the “sound” code.

        From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com [ mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dan Ro

      • Bill Sudbrink
        Message 3 of 3 , May 24, 2011

          Just “off the cuff”, I always thought that some of the more-or-less straight S-100 bus signal

          traces (from slot to slot, one end of the motherboard to the other) were good candidates for

          antennas.  The Sol has a nice, if somewhat short, S-100 bus, conveniently standing at attention.

          I imagined that the later “high speed” S-100 motherboards with ground planes and built in

          termination would probably no longer “sing” on the radio.

          From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com [ mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dan Ro

          No virus found in this message.