RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Possible Phila Vintage Comptuer Event?

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 23, 2006
      >>> I have not heard a convincing arguement why we should not bring as many
      people as we can to demo their vintage stuff at the TCF.

      My concern is that we'd give the public their fill, so when VCF comes around
      (the events are so close together), they might not bother to come. And
      since VCF is our event (vs. us attending some other event), we could be
      shooting ourselves in the foot. Also, since this is our first VCF, we
      should put as much energy as possible into this one basket. If we succeed
      then we can branch out in the future.

      Please trust me on this -- we really, really need to focus on getting people
      to come to OUR event. So for TCF and the Philly show, we should do what
      Frank suggested, which is to have a table / small exhibit and maybe give a
      talk to explain our hobby.

      Bill, I do like your of "local whips". Our club gatherings so far have been
      at InfoAge not just because it's convenient for me (kidding!) but because
      that's where there is work to do (museum.) So I propose we have the first
      MARCH Social Event at your house. :)

      Having said that, I'll talk with Fred soon about finding out Mr. Grabbe's
      availability for us to pick up the rest of his giant collection.