Re: [midatlanticretro] Heath-Zenith question

    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2011

      At 07:14 PM 5/15/2011, you wrote:

      I think I've mentioned my attempt to resurrect a Heath Hero Jr. robot for our department. It has what is essentially a one-board computer which uses a 6809 processor. It has a BASIC cartridge. Programs are written on a PC and downloaded to the robot where it is executed by the on-board computer. This is different than many current robots. I am about to start programming and there are several questions that I have that you may be able to help me with.

      1. I would prefer to write and debug programs on a PC and, when everything is hunky-dory, download the finished product to the robot. It would be nice to have a sort of cross-compiler (the BASIC programs are not compiled --  hence the word "sort of") so that I can download the finished BASIC file in a format that the robot can understand. Does anyone know of a 6809 BASIC system which allows this and is, preferrably, free or cheap?

      2. At the festival, I noticed that there is a Heath PCin the museum. Does it have a BASIC interpreter that runs under PC-DOS? If so, can I get a copy?

      Bernard Sypniewski
      Department of Computer Science
      Rowan University - Camden Campus

      The Tandy TRS 80 color computer had a 6809.  You should find out exactly what computer was used for the purpose of downloading programs into the robot.  I am sure the software is somewhere.  Not sure if there was a Heath computer than ran using a 6809, they're mostly Z80 and then 8086, right?