RE: RE: [midatlanticretro] Computer available...

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 6 9:13 AM
      Talk with Kelly privately (kelly@...).  I was going to stuff as much as possible into my car (ha!), but then spoke with Kelly offline, and he's got a minivan.  So it's a no-brainer.  I emailed the seller and he's going to hold the stuff.

      From: Evan <evan947@...>
      Date: Wednesday, April 6, 2005 11:24 am
      Subject: RE: [midatlanticretro] Computer available...

      _____

      midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [midatlanticretro] Computer
      available...

      > Somebody should grab this:
      >
      > > Dear Sir;
      > > I have three (3) Tandy TSR80-system 12
      computers that
      > > and 100 8" x 8" discs and the programs to operate
      the
      > > computers with that I wish to dispose of before I
      discard
      > > them.  I also have all the instructution manuals and
      other
      > > items that go with the systems.   I would like to
      see if
      > > they are of any interest to some collectors. I am attach
      > > photo of the computers for the record.
      > >
      > >Steve Casale, Montvale, NJ  201-391-6026    e-mail:
      > perlinc@...
      > <PHOTO OMITTED>
      >

      >  _____
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      > *      To visit your group on the
      web, go to:

      > *      To unsubscribe from this
      group, send an email to:

      > *      Your use of
      Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
      > <

    • Evan
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 6 9:36 AM
        No, please, take them and spread them out to good homes.  Then take any profits and buy yourself some beer as a reward.  (Or more appropriately, buy Bill Sudbrink a beer for alerting us about the rescue opportunity.)

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 6 9:37 AM
          David (and everyone else):
          I'm actually about an hour west of the guy with the computers. I have
          arranged with him to pick up the computers and software some time in the
          next week or two. I will grab all of them. However, all I want is one of
          them for myself (plus copies of any software and docs that I don't have
          already).

          Of course, I'll hold on to the computers until the remaining ones find new
          homes. One word of warning: I will not ship these unless I can find original
          packaging. Shipping these units _always_ results in damage. The shippers
          just won't replace them. No matter how securely you pack the units, my
          experience has been that unless you use original boxes, it is your fault.

          Kelly

          Where are you located [I am on long island]????

          David
          <<RE: RE: [midatlanticretro] Computer available...>>
        • billdeg@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 6 12:28 PM
            Kelly,
            I will take one if they are not already claimed and will end up in the
            dumpster otherwise. Are these being brought to the TCF, or should I arrange for
            separate pickup?
            Bill Degnan