Re: [midatlanticretro] Ohio Scientific

    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2011
      > I will contact the seller and ask them to rescind the ad / donate the equipment to us (or at least find out who they are, if they want to join MARCH, etc.)

      Just occurred to me .... I'm not going to bother contacting the seller
      because "spockscollectibles" is Joe Giliberti (who lives in Jackson, not
      Belmar; that location is a lie unless he's referring to a store in
      Belmar from where he ships.) He lucked out on getting this system a few
      weeks ago. He answered a Craigslist ad for an IBM PC, and the buyer
      asked if he wanted some other old stuff too for around thirty bucks.
      GRRRR. See cctalk post here:
      http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2011-April/298459.html.

      For anyone who isn't aware, Joe received a one-year ban from MARCH a few
      years ago, and then he was back for a while, until we re-banned him
      indefinitely. He's still part of InfoAge, but he's not welcome in this
      club until he changes. (He may be lurking here using different email
      addresses, which I can't do much about other than re-banning whenever he
      is caught. That happened once or twice already. Unfortunately such
      users are part of the downside of running any large list.)