Re: [midatlanticretro] card rack and backplane for my PDP-8 clone

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 12 , May 4, 2011

      On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:
      >   What sort of memory are you shooting for?

      I haven't decided yet, but I am leaning towards using Core memory. I would need to use an existing core memory card and interface it directly to make it practical.

      I thought about making a discrete dynamic ram using transistors and caps. But that would take a hell of a lot of transistors just to get to 4Kwords.

      On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 4:37 PM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
      >Will you have the front panel and all that?  The accumulator and the data
      >switches, etc.?

      oh yea, the front panel is a must
      I like to get a scan of the front panel
      But I don't know if i can find the same switches.

      On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:
      On Wed, 4 May 2011, B. Degnan wrote:

      >>     What sort of memory are you shooting for?
      >>

      > my pdp 8 has 32K.

         ...pictures Dan wearing magnifying goggles, stringing tiny little
      ferrite cores...

      ~haahaa
      I don't think so !
      Some things I like to avoid that would commit me to an asylum afterwards.

      =Dan