got me a TI Podable Putah

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2006
      yeah...the thing is so portable my arm nearly came out
      of its socket. The price you pay for extravagant
      portable color. 640x300x16 colors. Groovy aint it. TI
      chose the 6545 crt controller for it, I imagine
      something close to the 6845 (CGA cards, Peanut, Tandy
      1000). Go od luck finding one though. No apparent
      screen burn, albeit a bit grainy with the brightness
      all the way up. To be expected I guess from a unit
      from 83-84. I have a peculiar piece of software
      specific to it called COBAL, a compiler I think.

      http://mail.yahoo.com