Re: [midatlanticretro] Kim proms

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2011
      > Is this what you're looking for, Ebay auction 370286671944 ?

      I'm not sure what those are.

      The KIM-1 had a pair of custom programmed 6530 ICs which each have two
      parallel I/O ports, timers, 64 bytes of RAM and 1K of ROM. One of my
      6530s appears to have a dead parallel port, but everything else is
      working. Unfortunately, the dead port has the keypad, LEDs, and TTY so
      the unit is alive but not usable.

      My best guess is that this auction is for a pair of 2K EPROMs with the
      entire KIM monitor in them. Unfortunately that's not what I need.

      Good catch though, and thanks for pointing it out!

      Bob