Kim proms

    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2011
      Bob,
      Is this what you're looking for, Ebay auction 370286671944 ?

      Bill Degnan
    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2011
        > Is this what you're looking for, Ebay auction 370286671944 ?

        I'm not sure what those are.

        The KIM-1 had a pair of custom programmed 6530 ICs which each have two
        parallel I/O ports, timers, 64 bytes of RAM and 1K of ROM. One of my
        6530s appears to have a dead parallel port, but everything else is
        working. Unfortunately, the dead port has the keypad, LEDs, and TTY so
        the unit is alive but not usable.

        My best guess is that this auction is for a pair of 2K EPROMs with the
        entire KIM monitor in them. Unfortunately that's not what I need.

        Good catch though, and thanks for pointing it out!

        Bob