Re: [midatlanticretro] ray borrill and the data domain

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 48 , May 3, 2011
      On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Andrew Molloy <awmolloy@...> wrote:
      I put together a small tribute site to Ray Borrill and his Data Domain
      store. Ray was a VCFer and sold his Apple-1 at VCF 4.0 in 2000 on the
      west coast. He had tons of interesting stories and opened one of the
      early retail computer stores in the US back in 1976. Worked with Willy
      Higinbotham, Bob Spinrad, Mike Swaine and Ted Nelson, among others.

      http://www.landsnail.com/thedatadomain/

      He was going to attend VCF East a few years back but had to back out
      for health reasons.

      great job Andy !
      That brings alot of memories
      I see he have had a electronics parts section in there.
      The 2nd pic with the model of the Star Trek Enterprise on the shelf adds that special touch.
      He must have been a Trekkie :)
      Maybe you can get a *.org or *.net website with the original name to dedicate this.

      =Dan

    • Bill Sudbrink
      Message 48 of 48 , Jun 24 5:00 PM

        I have a Dremel, but I tend to make a mess with it.