Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Go turn on the news!!

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2, 2011
      Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

      >Agreed. They may step up attacks in response. They may also deny the
      >news.
      >
      >I personally know some people who died on 9/11, or who were too close
      >for comfort, and I'm sure many MARCHins do too. BL may be only symbolic
      >at this point, but still ....

      I was doing a gig at the WTC at that time but I was in Southern California
      (Anaheim) for a DECUS symposium that week. Spared by fate, I suppose.
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 14 , May 2, 2011
        I was @ work near the court houses.. We came outside and saw the second plane hit.. I ran to the first pct to assist (I am a NYPD Aux Police Officer). Most of that day I was with the 1st PCT doing security. The next day I was on the Brooklyn Bridge securing that area and the next two days I was down on Ground Zero. I still have my red OEM badge..

        I will never forget those days..

        Either way.. I feel better right now.. Between the good auction for the lady MARCH helped and this.. I feel good... Now all we need is for VCFE to do well and all will be good..

        --- On Mon, 5/2/11, system@... <system@...> wrote:

        I was doing a gig at the WTC at that time but I was in Southern California
        (Anaheim) for a DECUS symposium that week. Spared by fate, I suppose.
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2, 2011

          On May 2, 2011 9:26 AM, "Christian Liendo" <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

          > I was @ work near the court houses.. We came outside and saw the second plane hit.. I ran to the first pct to assist (I am a NYPD Aux Police Officer). Most of that day I was with the 1st PCT doing security. The next day I was on the Brooklyn Bridge securing that area and the next two days I was down on Ground Zero. I still have my red OEM badge..
          >
          > I will never forget those days..

          I have old friends from high school on NYPD then. One of them didn't come home. We have a street named for him back home.