Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Go turn on the news!!

    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2011
      >> UPDATE CNN SAYS BIN LADEN IS DEAD AND WE HAVE THE BODY
      >> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
      > It only took how long?
      >
      > After how much money wasted and dead Americans?
      >
      > After the whole Iraq fiasco, and lies?
      >
      > Now who is going to save us from the bankers?

      Hey now .... PLEASE let's not editorialize / politicize ..... we're just
      a computer club. I only posted to alert everyone to turn on the news.
    • telmnstr@757.org
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2011
        > Hey now .... PLEASE let's not editorialize / politicize ..... we're just
        > a computer club. I only posted to alert everyone to turn on the news.

        Gotcha. And that, I think you for.

        I beat all my friends in IRC to the news. My reddit addict friends LOST
        THIS ONE, thanks to midatlanticretro.
        Message 3 of 14 , May 1, 2011
          >> Hey now .... PLEASE let's not editorialize / politicize ..... we're just
          >> a computer club. I only posted to alert everyone to turn on the news.
          > Gotcha. And that, I think you for.
          >
          > I beat all my friends in IRC to the news. My reddit addict friends LOST
          > THIS ONE, thanks to midatlanticretro.

          LOL now that comment I like!!!
        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 14 , May 2, 2011
            Timothy Fagan <timstergm@...> writes:

            >--Apple-Mail-5--420384914 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
            >
            >Bin Laden's dead.
            >
            >Or so sayeth Fox News.

            I don't normally watch TV. I did start scanning the channels though.
            Geraldo on Fox was the first to announce that OBL was killed. I had
            to scan the other news channels for another couple of minutes before
            they were making the same claims. Finally, later than first reported,
            Obama made the official proclamation that OBL is dead! It couldn't
            have happened to a more deserving scumbad.
          • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
            Message 5 of 14 , May 2, 2011
              Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

              >Agreed. They may step up attacks in response. They may also deny the
              >news.
              >
              >I personally know some people who died on 9/11, or who were too close
              >for comfort, and I'm sure many MARCHins do too. BL may be only symbolic
              >at this point, but still ....

              I was doing a gig at the WTC at that time but I was in Southern California
              (Anaheim) for a DECUS symposium that week. Spared by fate, I suppose.
            • Christian Liendo
              Message 6 of 14 , May 2, 2011
                I was @ work near the court houses.. We came outside and saw the second plane hit.. I ran to the first pct to assist (I am a NYPD Aux Police Officer). Most of that day I was with the 1st PCT doing security. The next day I was on the Brooklyn Bridge securing that area and the next two days I was down on Ground Zero. I still have my red OEM badge..

                I will never forget those days..

                Either way.. I feel better right now.. Between the good auction for the lady MARCH helped and this.. I feel good... Now all we need is for VCFE to do well and all will be good..

                --- On Mon, 5/2/11, system@... <system@...> wrote:

                I was doing a gig at the WTC at that time but I was in Southern California
                (Anaheim) for a DECUS symposium that week. Spared by fate, I suppose.
              • Dan Roganti
                Message 7 of 14 , May 2, 2011

                  On May 2, 2011 9:26 AM, "Christian Liendo" <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

                  > I was @ work near the court houses.. We came outside and saw the second plane hit.. I ran to the first pct to assist (I am a NYPD Aux Police Officer). Most of that day I was with the 1st PCT doing security. The next day I was on the Brooklyn Bridge securing that area and the next two days I was down on Ground Zero. I still have my red OEM badge..
                  >
                  > I will never forget those days..

                  I have old friends from high school on NYPD then. One of them didn't come home. We have a street named for him back home.