Re: [midatlanticretro] Anyone have a dead KIM-1?

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1 4:23 AM

      On Apr 30, 2011, at 9:09 PM, Dan Roganti wrote:

      On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
      It appears my main KIM-1 has a bad U2, which is one of the preprogrammed 6530s.  Ie, it's extremely unlikely to find one used someplace.

      Anyone have any dead machines they don't plan on restoring?  There might be a chance the chip I need is still working.

      I remember about this too, as the replica have workaround using an eprom..
      You mean there's nobody with NOS 6530 parts with the KIM code ?
      I haven't looked yet myself,but I'm curious.

      If you know a source, please let me know.  The ROM portion is good, and the keyboard monitor comes up when reset is pressed, but it looks like port A on U2 is not able to drive output anymore, at least not all the bits.  One of the funky symptoms is that the top segment of the LEDs is always on.  The TTY interface is also dead because it's on the same port.  Need to put it on the scope this morning and verify some of the data.

      Bob

    • Bob Schwier
      Message 2 of 12 , May 2 11:36 AM
        Plenty of old cards.  I got sidetracked and forgot to inventory.
        bs