Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH's IMSAI 8080 auction

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 30 9:02 PM
      Buyer is someone from the west coast who is a programmer at IBM.  Not anyone we know from the hobby.  That's all I can say.

      On 04/30/2011 11:53 PM, Timothy Fagan wrote: Excellent news!!! Congrats!

      On Apr 30, 2011, at 10:57 PM, Christopher Blackmon wrote:

      What recession?
      cb

      Message 2 of 16 , May 1, 2011
        It went for the money it went for because it was clean and it works...
        Most of the stuff you see on Ebay is "not tested"..
        Bill added a lot a value to that machine when he cleaned it up and fixed it..

        Kudos to Bill as he made that happen.
        Message 3 of 16 , May 1, 2011
          It wasn't just me.

          Message 4 of 16 , May 1, 2011
            >>> It wasn't just me.

            True. I watched and asked a lot of dumb questions!

            (Bill Drom. helped, and I think one other person, but I forget ... also Bill(s) tried a bunch of RAM boards that were organized thanks to Jeff J.)
          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 16 , May 1, 2011
              Ok.. It was a group effort...
              The reality is that you gentleman made that auction..

              Had that been put up as is it would have been much cheaper

              Example:
              320687704407 Sold April 25 for $859.00
              270734158773 Sold April 17 for $805.00

              Kudos gentleman... You made good on your promise to that woman.

              --- On Sun, 5/1/11, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote
              Message 6 of 16 , May 1, 2011
                you're all welcome...