SWTPC 6800 with Teletype - success

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2011
      I should make a video of this, but I was finally able to complete the
      cycle

      1. teletype as printer (terminal output)
      2. teletype as keyboard (terminal input)
      3. teletype as storage (save program to punched tape)
      4. teletype as storage (load program from tape reader)

      Talk about a long road to a small house, but it was very exciting to watch
      the teletype feed the papertape program to the computer, and then the
      computer print the program contents.

      Bill Degnan

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2011
          On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 9:19 PM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
          I should make a video of this, but I was finally able to complete the
          cycle

          1.  teletype as printer (terminal output)
          2.  teletype as keyboard (terminal input)
          3.  teletype as storage (save program to punched tape)
          4.  teletype as storage (load program from tape reader)

          Talk about a long road to a small house, but it was very exciting to watch
          the teletype feed the papertape program to the computer, and then the
          computer print the program contents.

          niiiice

          I bet thats what SWTPC originally stood for

          Software Writing Teletype Personal Computer

          but it didn't make the cut :)