Re: [midatlanticretro] UCSD Pascal

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2011
      I should be able to do this, after vcf. I have UCSD Pascal for Apple ///,
      among others.

      Bill Degnan

      Message 2 of 6 , May 18, 2011
        I have time to do this now, please send me contact info if person
        still needs help.

        When I think of Pascal I think of a college computer lab running a
        VAX environment. More hip for the early-mid 80's would be to photo
        Pascal software for their Apple Lisa or early Macintosh.

        Not many consumer micro's ran Pascal natively. The Sage II is the
        only system I have that has a native UCSD Pascal operating environment:
        http://vintagecomputer.net/sage/SageII/
        As it turns out I have no photos at present of actual UCSD Pascal
        running but I can set this up pretty easily. Other early 68000 CPU
        systems can be found in 68K magazine.

        And then there's Apple /// UCSD Pascal.

        Bill

        At 06:52 PM 4/29/2011, you wrote:
        >Update -- needed within a couple of weeks.

      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 6 , May 19, 2011
          When I was in City College of New York studying EE, I took a class called "Total correctness in programming using mathematical models" I had to make these small programs in PASCAL and prove mathematically that the variables would not go out of the defined boundaries. I had to prove that the loops would stop and the program would terminate..

          Anyway... We did them on Macs... This was 1992..
          We had a Unix lab where more advanced stuff was going on, but a lot was done on macs back then..

          --- On Wed, 5/18/11, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
          More hip for the early-mid 80's would be to photo Pascal software for their Apple Lisa or early Macintosh.
        • Bob Schwier
          Message 4 of 6 , May 19, 2011
            At Fort Eustis, it was more expedient to model on TS 80s than to borrow
            computer time on the main frames at NASA.
            bs