Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Update, re: Who's bringing what to TCF so far...

  • evan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
      Gotcha.

      --- billdeg@... wrote:

      > A reminder...It has to be analog, not digital phone line.

      =====
      Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!

      -- It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
      -- Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
      -- Mainframes to videogames, hardware and software, we cover it all
      -- W: http://news.computercollector.com E: news@...
      -- 660 readers and counting!
    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
        > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I figured
        > there's no need for me to duplcate.
        >
        > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers

        I have the original not quite IBM compatible TI PC (my first PC). I don't
        have any other TI stuff. Since my main display will be PDP-8 if you want to
        bring your TI stuff I don't need to bring my machine (and may be short on
        space).
      • evan947
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
          David,

          I'm thrilled to hear that you are definitely bringing a PDP machine.
          Can you get it to run SpaceWar? It would be terrific to show that
          running side-by-side on the 8 and my 2600. :)

          - Evan

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, David Gesswein <djg@p...>
          wrote:
          > > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I
          figured
          > > there's no need for me to duplcate.
          > >
          > > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers
          >

          > I have the original not quite IBM compatible TI PC (my first PC). I
          don't
          > have any other TI stuff. Since my main display will be PDP-8 if you
          want to
          > bring your TI stuff I don't need to bring my machine (and may be
          short on
          > space).
        • David Gesswein
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
            > I'm thrilled to hear that you are definitely bringing a PDP machine.
            > Can you get it to run SpaceWar? It would be terrific to show that
            > running side-by-side on the 8 and my 2600. :)

            Definitely is a little too strong, much can happen in a couple months.
            I had a poor version running a while ago on the VC8E/VR14.
            Video on http://www.pdp8.net/vr14/vr14.shtml
            I found a better looking source but haven't gotten around to setting things
            up to try it.
          • billdeg@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 22, 2005
              OK. I will bring a TI 99/4A and gear.
              Bill
            • evan947
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 22, 2005
                bulletin board at home. People could log into an old style BBS from
                the show...?

                LOL... so I just heard back from the TCF contact... his generic answer
                was "The Internet will be available via WiFi connection..."

                I think he sort of missed my point!!! LOL !!!!

                I replied and asked if he's ever tried to set up WiFi on a Vic 20. :)

                Will forward his reply when it arrives.

                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@a... wrote:

                > Evan,
                >
                > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I
                figured
                > there's no need for me to duplcate.
                >
                > To specify my contribution I plan to "set up" a complete Commodore
                VIC 20