OT: New job + good timing

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2011
      Good news part one: Got hired today as a reporter for Law Technology News. Not sure what my beat will be. They print six times a year and constantly on the web. They cover everything from data retention to software patents.

      Good news part two: I'm not starting until May 16, which means I can focus on VCF without worrying about the job hunt. That is a HUGE relief.

      Good news part three: They're ordering a Mac laptop for me. Nice!!! They asked if I use Mac or Windows at home and I said Linux. :) Last time I had an Apple as my daily computer was my //e in the 1980s. This will be a nice change of pace.
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2011
        "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> writes:

        >Good news part one: Got hired today as a reporter for Law Technology
        >News. Not sure what my beat will be. They print six times a year and

        So you'll be reporting on how to fax frivolous lawsuit derogatories
        to hapless defendants to maximize the intimidation??? :)
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2011
          On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
          Good news part one: Got hired today as a reporter for Law Technology News. Not sure what my beat will be. They print six times a year and constantly on the web. They cover everything from data retention to software patents.

          sweeet

          Good news part two: I'm not starting until May 16, which means I can focus on VCF without worrying about the job hunt. That is a HUGE relief.

          sweeeeet

          Good news part three: They're ordering a Mac laptop for me. Nice!!! They asked if I use Mac or Windows at home and I said Linux.  :)  Last time I had an Apple as my daily computer was my //e in the 1980s. This will be a nice change of pace.

          sweeeeeeeeet

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 29, 2011

            Good news part three: They're ordering a Mac laptop for me. Nice!!! They asked if I use Mac or Windows at home and I said Linux.  :)  Last time I had an Apple as my daily computer was my //e in the 1980s. This will be a nice change of pace.

            sweeeeeeeeet

            I guess this means I'll have to re-learn AppleWorks.   :)