VCF planning update

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2011
      Jeff J. and I sorted the for-sale books today. Next we need to finish putting them into boxes. If anyone has some good-quality book boxes, and can drop them off this weekend, that would be very helpful. Just tell me rather than popping in unannounced; that way I'll know to buy some if I don't hear any offers by Friday.

      Bill Deg. is working with InfoAge's electrical expert re: power distribution for the show.

      As for me, now that the for-sale books are sorted and mostly boxed up, I will focus next weekend on getting our museum exhibits back into shape. Need to put up the posters that I made last week; make some additional signage; and maybe even install more shelving if I'm feeling ambitious.

      And last but not least, as I mentioned recently, PLEASE be very proactive in telling your friends and techie colleagues about VCF. Don't wait for them to ask; volunteer to how them about how * awesome * the event is. Your word-of-mouth is our best advertising.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2011
        >>> If anyone has some good-quality book boxes, and can drop them off this weekend, that would be very helpful.

        Disregard that part. One of the InfoAge volunteers said he's got 40 milk crates we can use.