OT: upcoming events at InfoAge

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2011
      There are some interesting events happening at InfoAge in the new couple
      of months other than VCF East.

      April 30: OMARC's International Marconi Day
      May 7: NJHDA Shipwreck Symposium
      June 18: Military Tech Club's Antique Car Show

      Also, InfoAge is preparing a new, modern web site using Joomla. I don't
      know when it will come alive, but I hope it's soon!
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2011
        Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

        >There are some interesting events happening at InfoAge in the new couple
        >of months other than VCF East.
        >
        >April 30: OMARC's International Marconi Day May 7: NJHDA Shipwreck
        >Symposium June 18: Military Tech Club's Antique Car Show
        >
        >Also, InfoAge is preparing a new, modern web site using Joomla. I don't
        >know when it will come alive, but I hope it's soon!

        Cool. I have a lot of experience with that. Who's running the server
        for that? I have a few security concerns and bits of wisdom to impart
        upon them.

        Check the tables created in MySQL (assuming your using MySQL with the
        PHP/Joomla) to make absolutely certain the engine specified is InnoDB.
        If not, ALTER these to InnoDB. Keeping the engine MyISAM is begging
        for issues that I promise you you do not want to contend with!

        DO NOT PERMIT the web site's Joomla /administrator/.. path (example:
        http://infoage.org/administator/) web accessible!!! I can help setup
        secure access to this. If you leave this open, PHP and SQL injection
        by some script kiddie is certain to pwn the infoage site.

        Several Apache configuration modules and configuration items will need
        to be added, so I hope this isn't on some hosting site that will *NOT*
        allow you to change the Apache config for the virtual domain.
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 22, 2011
          >>> Cool. I have a lot of experience with that. Who's running the server

          I think it's hosted at Verio.