Museum / VCF updates

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2011
      Update on rooms 4/5 ....

      For room 4, business microcomputers, yesterday I picked up an Epson
      QX-10 from the Tom Kirk estate. I also rescued some manuals. I brought
      one of our Xerox 820s into the room, but I'm trying to find the disk
      drive and keyboard ..... they're around here somewhere! Also, this
      weekend we're scheduled to receive a DEC Rainbow. At that point we'll
      have all the systems for the room.

      I've been meaning to print several new posters but have not had time.
      Every time I go to InfoAge lately, something else comes up there that
      takes me away from the poster-making equipment. Hopefully this Saturday
      I can finally get them made. InfoAge bought a few rolls of the
      large-format paper.

      I don't expect many visitors this weekend because of Easter, which is
      good because there is plenty of work to do.

      As for the VCF, we now have more exhibits than can fit into the large
      event room (9032-A), so we'll probably put half the exhibits in that
      room and the other half in the Hotel dining room. Sales stuff
      (consignment, books, etc.) will be in the other half of 9032-A, and
      lunch / lounge will be in the other half of the dining room.

      Which exhibits go in which room -- we're working on that -- Bill Deg. is
      working with InfoAge's electrical guys. We also try to vary things by
      topic, rather than grouping similar things together, in order to keep it
      interesting for everyone.
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2011

        ~http://www.rogtronics.net

        On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        As for the VCF, we now have more exhibits than can fit into the large
        event room (9032-A), so we'll probably put half the exhibits in that
        room and the other half in the Hotel dining room.  Sales stuff
        (consignment, books, etc.) will be in the other half of 9032-A, and
        lunch / lounge will be in the other half of the dining room.

        Which exhibits go in which room -- we're working on that -- Bill Deg. is
        working with InfoAge's electrical guys.  We also try to vary things by
        topic, rather than grouping similar things together, in order to keep it
        interesting for everyone.

        just a small request,
        can you put Matt and me side by side,
        we're gonna tag team on video taping during the day.

        =Dan

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 22, 2011
          >>> can you put Matt and me side by side, we're gonna tag team on video taping during the day

          We'll try to honor such requests. In some cases infrastructure issues may override them.