VCF lodging -- the details

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 20, 2011
      Okay, it's official now: VCF East 7.0 show lodging is at the "Motel 38",
      #2635 Rt. 138 (so why don't they call the place, "Motel 138" ... oh
      well), Wall, NJ, 07719. Phone number is (732) 681-0438.

      They have 4 rooms with two double beds, and six rooms with one king
      bed. Actually it's five rooms with one king bed because I reserved one
      already. :)

      The single rooms are only $45 and the double rooms are just $50 -- split
      two ways that's dirt cheap!!! There are taxes, but you get wifi and
      stuff free .... I think he said there are in-room fridges and
      microwaves, good deal!

      The rate is good up to May 12. Just call them and say it's for the
      Vintage Computer Festival.

      Amazing part: when I said the name of our event, the manager responded,
      "Oh yeah, some of your guys stayed here during your last show in 2009."

      Until that point he had no idea who I was or which group I was with ....
      that's amazing memory! LOL, I don't know who stayed there but they must
      have left quite an impression!!

      I won't advertise this outside of the MARCH list; let's keep this
      awesome price for ourselves ....
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 21, 2011
        Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

        >Okay, it's official now: VCF East 7.0 show lodging is at the "Motel 38",
        >#2635 Rt. 138 (so why don't they call the place, "Motel 138" ... oh
        >well), Wall, NJ, 07719. Phone number is (732) 681-0438.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Route_138

        2nd paragraph.
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 21, 2011
          Actually it's now 4 rooms left with one king bed. I got mine!

          Bill Degnan

          > They have 4 rooms with two double beds, and six rooms with one king
          > bed. Actually it's five rooms with one king bed because I reserved one
          > already. :)

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 21, 2011
            one bed rooms are all gone - there were a few 2 bed rooms available, when I called an hour ago.

            Regards,
            Mike Willegal

            > Actually it's now 4 rooms left with one king bed. I got mine!
            >
            > Bill Degnan
            > >
            > > They have 4 rooms with two double beds, and six rooms with one king
            > > bed. Actually it's five rooms with one king bed because I reserved one
            > > already. :)

          • Kelly D. Leavitt
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 21, 2011
              All gone. What else is in the area that shouldn't be too frightening?

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 21, 2011
                Try the Travelodge down the street. Also on Rt 35 in Wall. Or the Days Inn on Rt 33, not sure what town that is, maybe Neptune.

                All gone. What else is in the area that shouldn't be too frightening?

                one bed rooms are all gone - there were a few 2 bed rooms available, when I called an hour ago.

                Regards,
                Mike Willegal

                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com> , "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

                > Actually it's now 4 rooms left with one king bed. I got mine!
                >
                > Bill Degnan
                > >
                > > They have 4 rooms with two double beds, and six rooms with one king
                > > bed. Actually it's five rooms with one king bed because I reserved one
                > > already. :)

              • David Gesswein
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 21, 2011
                  > Amazing part: when I said the name of our event, the manager responded,
                  > "Oh yeah, some of your guys stayed here during your last show in 2009."
                  >
                  > Until that point he had no idea who I was or which group I was with ....
                  > that's amazing memory! LOL, I don't know who stayed there but they must
                  > have left quite an impression!!

                  We stayed there the last two VCF's. It was a little more run down than
                  ideal but the price was right.