RE: [midatlanticretro] Computer available...

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
      I can temporarily hold as much as will fit in my Miata in one trip!

      Will call the guy.

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
        Evan:

        I've already dropped an email to him. He is about an hour east of me. If it
        is possible for you to pick up, then great. Keep me posted at least. I'm not
        greedy, I'd be happy with just 1 of these, and have the resources to make
        copies of any interesting software. I just found a box full of 8" disks with
        old data on them. Nothing interesting, but great for making backups. I can
        also copy down to 5.25" media if needed.

        Be aware that the model 12 is a BEAST. It is about 40 pounds when fully
        loaded, has a detached keyboard, and takes a lot of room. You'd probably
        only get one or two in a Miata.

        Kelly

        _____

      • dvcorbin@OptOnline.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
          If you cant get them all, I *may* be able to head up there this weekend, then bring the results to TCF....Will have to confirm this thisevening...but if it is a last resort before the scrapper......

          > I can temporarily hold as much as will fit in my Miata in one trip!
          >
          > Will call the guy.
          >
          > _____

        • Evan
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
            Talk with Kelly privately (kelly@...).  I was going to stuff as much as possible into my car (ha!), but then spoke with Kelly offline, and he's got a minivan.  So it's a no-brainer.  I emailed the seller and he's going to hold the stuff.

            _____

            web, go to:

            > *      To unsubscribe from this
            group, send an email to:

            > *      Your use of
            Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
            > <

          • Evan
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
              No, please, take them and spread them out to good homes.  Then take any profits and buy yourself some beer as a reward.  (Or more appropriately, buy Bill Sudbrink a beer for alerting us about the rescue opportunity.)

              I can temporarily hold as much as will fit in my Miata in one trip!

              Will call the guy.

                _____

              > I have three (3) Tandy TSR80-system 12 computers that
              > and
              100 8" x 8" discs and the programs to operate the
              > computers with that I
              wish to dispose of before I discard
              > them.  I also have all the
              instructution manuals and other
              > items that go with the
              systems.   I would like to see if
              > they are of any interest to
              some collectors. I am attach a
              > photo of the computers for the
              record.

              >Steve Casale, Montvale, NJ
              201-391-6026    e-mail: perlinc@...

              <PHOTO OMITTED>

                _____

              *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

            • Kelly Leavitt
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
                David (and everyone else):
                I'm actually about an hour west of the guy with the computers. I have
                arranged with him to pick up the computers and software some time in the
                next week or two. I will grab all of them. However, all I want is one of
                them for myself (plus copies of any software and docs that I don't have
                already).

                Of course, I'll hold on to the computers until the remaining ones find new
                homes. One word of warning: I will not ship these unless I can find original
                packaging. Shipping these units _always_ results in damage. The shippers
                just won't replace them. No matter how securely you pack the units, my
                experience has been that unless you use original boxes, it is your fault.

                Kelly

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
                  Kelly,
                  I will take one if they are not already claimed and will end up in the
                  dumpster otherwise. Are these being brought to the TCF, or should I arrange for
                  separate pickup?
                  Bill Degnan