Today's Infoage update

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2006
      Just got home, I was at Infoage today from 1-4.

      Fred hauled out his pipe bending machine, which actually was pretty cool,
      but we decided it's more effer than it's worth. Instead, we found that Home
      Depot sells pre-made folding table legs for $20 a pair, so Fred's going to
      see if the local store will give us a better deal in bulk. And since the
      tables will be for Infoage in general, not just MARCH, that means all Fred
      wants from us in return is continued sweat equity (for example, someone's
      got to cut the plywood and attach the legs to make real tables.) This is a
      great deal for us. Another big plus: Mike Ruane, who's on the Infoage board
      representing Ft. Monmouth (I haven't got his details handy) said he gives
      about 35K in business each year to a local tent/furniture rental place, and
      that he expects they'd donate more tables to us. Hopefully that will come
      through as well.

      Meanwhile, Fred brought over some more of the Grabbe collection -- not the
      second round, but just some things which somehow didn't get downstairs from
      the first round. I didn't record the details, but this stuff included a few
      nice DEC boards (some were framed), three C-64s, an HP engineering
      workstation with a printer built into the top of the monitor (cool!), and a
      mint-condition IBM convertible in its original carrying case. There were
      also some more boxes of Grabbe's chip collection, a random monitor, a
      Commodore disk drive, a dot-matrix printer, and some random software.

      Fred also reminded me that Grabbe's ready for that second major haul
      whenever we are. As far as I know, we're ready too, right? So speak up if
      you're willing to drive out to the Harrisburg PA area with me and/or Fred in
      a rental truck, help us load/move everything, and of course, interview
      Grabbe while we're at it. Once we have an idea of who can help, then we
      figure out a date/time.

      - Evan

    • Evan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2006
        Oh, I forgot, there was a PC Jr. too.

[...]

        Computer Collector Newsletter:

        href="http://news.computercollector.com">http://news.computercollector.com

        href="http://www.marchclub.org">http://www.marchclub.org

      • Bob Grieb
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 15, 2006
          Evan,

          I would be willing to help collect the rest of the Grabbe stuff. I
          think it would be best if we can get at least 3-4 people, or maybe
          more. Fred would know best. How many went the last time?

          Bob Grieb

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • John Allain
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 16, 2006
            > I think it would be best if we can get at least 3-4 people, or maybe
            > more.

            I'm still interested here as well. +=1

            John A.