RE: [midatlanticretro] Computer available...

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
      Oh! I've always wanted a 12 to add to my collection....

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
        I can temporarily hold as much as will fit in my Miata in one trip!

        Will call the guy.

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
          Evan:

          I've already dropped an email to him. He is about an hour east of me. If it
          is possible for you to pick up, then great. Keep me posted at least. I'm not
          greedy, I'd be happy with just 1 of these, and have the resources to make
          copies of any interesting software. I just found a box full of 8" disks with
          old data on them. Nothing interesting, but great for making backups. I can
          also copy down to 5.25" media if needed.

          Be aware that the model 12 is a BEAST. It is about 40 pounds when fully
          loaded, has a detached keyboard, and takes a lot of room. You'd probably
          only get one or two in a Miata.

          Kelly

          _____

        • dvcorbin@OptOnline.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
            If you cant get them all, I *may* be able to head up there this weekend, then bring the results to TCF....Will have to confirm this thisevening...but if it is a last resort before the scrapper......

            > I can temporarily hold as much as will fit in my Miata in one trip!
            >
            > Will call the guy.
            >
            > _____

          • Evan
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
              Talk with Kelly privately (kelly@...).  I was going to stuff as much as possible into my car (ha!), but then spoke with Kelly offline, and he's got a minivan.  So it's a no-brainer.  I emailed the seller and he's going to hold the stuff.

              _____

              web, go to:

              > *      To unsubscribe from this
              group, send an email to:

              > *      Your use of
              Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
              > <

            • Evan
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
                No, please, take them and spread them out to good homes.  Then take any profits and buy yourself some beer as a reward.  (Or more appropriately, buy Bill Sudbrink a beer for alerting us about the rescue opportunity.)

                I can temporarily hold as much as will fit in my Miata in one trip!

                Will call the guy.

                  _____

                > I have three (3) Tandy TSR80-system 12 computers that
                > and
                100 8" x 8" discs and the programs to operate the
                > computers with that I
                wish to dispose of before I discard
                > them.  I also have all the
                instructution manuals and other
                > items that go with the
                systems.   I would like to see if
                > they are of any interest to
                some collectors. I am attach a
                > photo of the computers for the
                record.

                >Steve Casale, Montvale, NJ
                201-391-6026    e-mail: perlinc@...

                <PHOTO OMITTED>

                  _____

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
                  David (and everyone else):
                  I'm actually about an hour west of the guy with the computers. I have
                  arranged with him to pick up the computers and software some time in the
                  next week or two. I will grab all of them. However, all I want is one of
                  them for myself (plus copies of any software and docs that I don't have
                  already).

                  Of course, I'll hold on to the computers until the remaining ones find new
                  homes. One word of warning: I will not ship these unless I can find original
                  packaging. Shipping these units _always_ results in damage. The shippers
                  just won't replace them. No matter how securely you pack the units, my
                  experience has been that unless you use original boxes, it is your fault.

                  Kelly

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
                    Kelly,
                    I will take one if they are not already claimed and will end up in the
                    dumpster otherwise. Are these being brought to the TCF, or should I arrange for
                    separate pickup?
                    Bill Degnan