Re: [midatlanticretro] Jamesburg rescue goes on

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2011
      We already are. Tom was single and didn't have kids, so funds are an issue. His sister and her brother are cleaning, renovating, and selling his house. MARCH is helping them by organizing and in many cases taking or helping them sell the computer stuff, and by setting aside what's trash for the contractor to dispose of. Every room in the house (except the kitchen and bathroom) has computer stuff. This rescue is way more work than we expected, but it's been mutually beneficial to them and us.

      In another recent rescue, also of someone who died (Neil Otto), we took three IMSAIs and we'll make one very good one, sell that, and give the money to his widow. That way we help her; we help ourselves too (by getting the remaining IMSAI stuff and other systems); and it's also a way for us to be good citizens, as Neil was friends with Tom and we learned about both situations from the same person (Roger Amidon, who's also speaking at VCF) .... it all ties together.