Computer available...

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 6 8:01 AM
      Somebody should grab this:

      > Dear Sir;
      > I have three (3) Tandy TSR80-system 12 computers that
      > and 100 8" x 8" discs and the programs to operate the
      > computers with that I wish to dispose of before I discard
      > them. I also have all the instructution manuals and other
      > items that go with the systems. I would like to see if
      > they are of any interest to some collectors. I am attach a
      > photo of the computers for the record.
      >
      >Steve Casale, Montvale, NJ 201-391-6026 e-mail: perlinc@...

      <PHOTO OMITTED>
    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 6 8:09 AM
        Oh! I've always wanted a 12 to add to my collection....

        > I have three (3) Tandy TSR80-system 12 computers that
        > and 100 8" x 8" discs and the programs to operate the
        > computers with that I wish to dispose of before I discard
        > them. I also have all the instructution manuals and other
        > items that go with the systems. I would like to see if
        > they are of any interest to some collectors. I am attach a
        > photo of the computers for the record.
        >
        >Steve Casale, Montvale, NJ 201-391-6026 e-mail: perlinc@...

        <PHOTO OMITTED>

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 6 8:24 AM
          I can temporarily hold as much as will fit in my Miata in one trip!

          Will call the guy.

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 6 8:27 AM
            Evan:

            I've already dropped an email to him. He is about an hour east of me. If it
            is possible for you to pick up, then great. Keep me posted at least. I'm not
            greedy, I'd be happy with just 1 of these, and have the resources to make
            copies of any interesting software. I just found a box full of 8" disks with
            old data on them. Nothing interesting, but great for making backups. I can
            also copy down to 5.25" media if needed.

            Be aware that the model 12 is a BEAST. It is about 40 pounds when fully
            loaded, has a detached keyboard, and takes a lot of room. You'd probably
            only get one or two in a Miata.

            Kelly

            _____

          • dvcorbin@OptOnline.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 6 9:03 AM
              If you cant get them all, I *may* be able to head up there this weekend, then bring the results to TCF....Will have to confirm this thisevening...but if it is a last resort before the scrapper......

              > I can temporarily hold as much as will fit in my Miata in one trip!
              >
              > Will call the guy.
              >
              > _____

            • Evan
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 6 9:13 AM
                Talk with Kelly privately (kelly@...).  I was going to stuff as much as possible into my car (ha!), but then spoke with Kelly offline, and he's got a minivan.  So it's a no-brainer.  I emailed the seller and he's going to hold the stuff.

                _____

                web, go to:

                > *      To unsubscribe from this
                group, send an email to:

                > *      Your use of
                Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
                > <

              • Evan
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 6 9:36 AM
                  No, please, take them and spread them out to good homes.  Then take any profits and buy yourself some beer as a reward.  (Or more appropriately, buy Bill Sudbrink a beer for alerting us about the rescue opportunity.)

                  I can temporarily hold as much as will fit in my Miata in one trip!

                  Will call the guy.

                    _____

                  > I have three (3) Tandy TSR80-system 12 computers that
                  > and
                  100 8" x 8" discs and the programs to operate the
                  > computers with that I
                  wish to dispose of before I discard
                  > them.  I also have all the
                  instructution manuals and other
                  > items that go with the
                  systems.   I would like to see if
                  > they are of any interest to
                  some collectors. I am attach a
                  > photo of the computers for the
                  record.

                  >Steve Casale, Montvale, NJ
                  201-391-6026    e-mail: perlinc@...

                  <PHOTO OMITTED>

                    _____

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 6 9:37 AM
                    David (and everyone else):
                    I'm actually about an hour west of the guy with the computers. I have
                    arranged with him to pick up the computers and software some time in the
                    next week or two. I will grab all of them. However, all I want is one of
                    them for myself (plus copies of any software and docs that I don't have
                    already).

                    Of course, I'll hold on to the computers until the remaining ones find new
                    homes. One word of warning: I will not ship these unless I can find original
                    packaging. Shipping these units _always_ results in damage. The shippers
                    just won't replace them. No matter how securely you pack the units, my
                    experience has been that unless you use original boxes, it is your fault.

                    Kelly

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 6 12:28 PM
                      Kelly,
                      I will take one if they are not already claimed and will end up in the
                      dumpster otherwise. Are these being brought to the TCF, or should I arrange for
                      separate pickup?
                      Bill Degnan