Re: ACS newsletters

  • jack99rubin
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 6, 2011
      I may finish scanning the ACS stuff today. I'll try to get to ECS next week. I've asked Carl if he would contribute them to the public domain but haven't heard from him yet. I also have interviews I did with Carl, Roger Mellen, Maury Goldberg in 1985 and a recording of Roger Amidon at Trenton from about the same time that I will send to you guys for the MARCH archives.

      Jack

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 6, 2011
        I can't wait to see them! Please remember to include a list of which
        (ACS) issues you included and which you're missing, so I can order the
        missing ones from CBI post-VCF.

        LOL, still disgusted at myself for not being aware of ACS and ECS before
        last week, better late than never I suppose ..... !

        What was the occasion for your 1985 interviews?

        We saw Roger @ Trenton last weekend; he's doing well.

        On 04/06/2011 10:49 AM, jack99rubin wrote:
        > I may finish scanning the ACS stuff today. I'll try to get to ECS next week. I've asked Carl if he would contribute them to the public domain but haven't heard from him yet. I also have interviews I did with Carl, Roger Mellen, Maury Goldberg in 1985 and a recording of Roger Amidon at Trenton from about the same time that I will send to you guys for the MARCH archives.
        >
        > Jack
        >
        > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dan Roganti<ragooman@...> wrote:
        >> On Apr 5, 2011 10:34 AM, "jack99rubin"<jack.rubin@...> wrote:
        >>>

        >>> So do you _not_ want me to scan my copies of the ACS newsletters? I also
        >> have runs of Carl Helmer's ECS (Experimental Computer System), Hal
        >> Chamberlain's TCH (The Computer Hobbyist) and Hal Singer's Micro8 Newsletter
        >> as well as the standard Altair Notes, ProcTech Access, Soleus, Proteus, etc.
        >> Other than ACS, these were all post-microprocessor publications.
        >>
        >> I really like to see the ECS newsletters. I always wanted to since they
        >> first moved over to BYTE mag.
      • jack99rubin
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 7, 2011
          ACS scans are with Bill D; my run goes from #1 through #40; #38 seems to be missing but there may have been a numbering snafu, since Volume III runs through number 14 (2/76) and Volume IV starts with #39 - it's a little confusing since issues have both volume and run numbers. Anyhow, glad to help and if CBI has an additional issues, I'd appreciate scans in return.

          Carl Helmers has not released ECS to the public domain but he has given me permission to share them on a website with appropriate acknowledgement. That info has also been forwarded to Bill D offlist.

          I interviewed Carl and Roger Mellen at NCC in Chicago. I recorded Roger Amidon's lecture at Trenton in 1985 or 86. Hal Chamberlain was there but declined to be interviewed. I interviewed Maury at his store in Syracuse at about the same time. I'll dig out a CD and send it to MARCH in the near future.

          Jack

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 7, 2011
            >>> ACS scans are with Bill D

            ??? I need them.