Re: [midatlanticretro] IBM 360 and older computers - any still running?

    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 3 4:26 PM

      I am going to snoop around some of the old DuPont
      buildings in downtown Wilmington. They may have
      some old remnants there. I will ask "hi I'd like
      to take a look at the old computer down in the
      basement, can you take me to it?"
      bd

          Perhaps a good place to start would be with universities, government institutions or businesses where one has studied or worked in the past. I will, for example, contact my Alma Mater and see what they are running these days.

      Jeff3 Brace

      When I worked in downtown wilmington there were mainframes in the basement of certain DuPont buildings.  These are huge fortesses, there is also an AT&T building, etc.  Lots of places were mainframes could be hiding.

      I work downtown, it's not a big deal to ask questions during my work day.

      bd