Re: [midatlanticretro] The men behind the rescues

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2011
      On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
      TCF's Sol Libes sent Andy and I a picture of Tom Kirk from 1976.  Tom
      died recently; it's his house and collection that Jeff J. and I have
      been sorting and rescuing these past few weeks.  Nice to see the person
      behind the story.  At TCF this weekend, several people told us that Tom
      (and also Neil Otto, who also recently died and whose collection we also
      saved) both would've been proud of what we are doing.

      Nice !
      The teletype always made for a good foot rest for me too :)

      That should be framed and hung on the wall there.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2011

        TCF's Sol Libes sent Andy and I a picture of Tom Kirk from 1976.  Tom
        died recently; it's his house and collection that Jeff J. and I have
        been sorting and rescuing these past few weeks.  Nice to see the person
        behind the story.  At TCF this weekend, several people told us that Tom
        (and also Neil Otto, who also recently died and whose collection we also
        saved) both would've been proud of what we are doing.

        Nice !
        The teletype always made for a good foot rest for me too :)

        That should be framed and hung on the wall there.

        Excellent idea!

        I envision all of our exhibits (eventually) having their walls full of cultural imagery -- pictures, posters, t-shirts, banners, advertisements, sales literature, etc. -- I don't think this will be done in time for VCF East but it's a good start.  We already have an Atlantic City '76 poster in there (thanks to Bill Deg.), along with a WarGames poster waiting to be hung (thanks to Chris L.), AC '76 picture of SWTP booth with their team wearing "Altair Sucks" shirts (thanks to Michael Holley), etc.
      • Bill Sudbrink
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2011
          [midatlanticretro] The men behind the rescues

          Nice picture.  Hey!  He has casters on his teletype.  That would

          be really handy.  I’ll have to figure out how to put casters on my

          teletype.

          TCF's Sol Libes sent Andy and I a picture of Tom Kirk from 1976.  Tom
          died recently; it's his house and collection that Jeff J. and I have
          been sorting and rescuing these past few weeks.  Nice to see the person
          behind the story.  At TCF this weekend, several people told us that Tom
          (and also Neil Otto, who also recently died and whose collection we also
          saved) both would've been proud of what we are doing.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)