Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH & 501c3

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1 11:42 AM
      On Fri, 1 Apr 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > LOL! Very nice .... One six-foot booth, right?

      Oops, I dropped a zero: one sixty-foot booth.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • mejeep_ferret
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 4 12:03 AM
        > http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/VisitToWoodys/dscn6819.jpg

        That's the stuff of my childhood: das blinkenlights
        - in real life: the computer center "fish bowl" at colleges
        and companies to show off their million dollar marvel
        - seeing all those techs at Mission Control
        during the Gemini, Apollo missions
        - and on TV: all those Irwin Allen kiddie shows
        mit spritzensparken! Even Star Trek gave into that!

        The Boston computer museum has large chunks of it on display,
        and a console was in the IBM Kingston facility lobby in the 90s.
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 4 4:22 AM
          On Mon, 4 Apr 2011, mejeep_ferret wrote:

          >> http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/VisitToWoodys/dscn6819.jpg

          > The Boston computer museum has large chunks of it on display,
          > and a console was in the IBM Kingston facility lobby in the 90s.

          The Boston Computer Museum closed in 1999, and the SAGE sections were
          sent to Computer History Museum in Mountainview. I visited the Boston
          museum in 1987, and saw the equipment there.

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...