VCF ...

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
      So ... nobody was amused by * my * VCF joke email last night? :(

      Justin's was better, I admit.

      Time to embarrass Frank O.: he wrote to me privately:

      "Creating a new and different name to operate under might cause some unnecessary and unwanted complication and confusion, especially at tax time. Simply incorporating under "MARCH" would have been fine - there are lots of companies with similar/identical name (Think of how many "AAA Taxi's" there are....)You might want to check with the attorney to see how this might be properly resolved. It might be as simple as dissolving the original MARCH corporation, and then re-incorporating for the 501(c)(3)."
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
        I was amused by the responses, yes.

        Bill Degnan

        > So ... nobody was amused by * my * VCF joke email last night? :(
        >
        > Justin's was better, I admit.
        >
        > Time to embarrass Frank O.: he wrote to me privately:
        >
        > "Creating a new and different name to operate under might cause some
        unnecessary and unwanted complication and confusion, especially at tax
        time. Simply incorporating under "MARCH" would have been fine - there are
        lots of companies with similar/identical name (Think of how many "AAA
        Taxi's" there are....)You might want to check with the attorney to see how
        this might be properly resolved. It might be as simple as dissolving the
        original MARCH corporation, and then re-incorporating for the 501(c)(3)."

      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011

          I guess my joke was too easy
          Can't fool any Commodorians