Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH & 501c3

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2011
      >>> That's right. For instance, my VCF exhibit is just about ready: http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/VisitToWoodys/dscn6819.jpg

      LOL! Very nice .... One six-foot booth, right?
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2011
        On Fri, 1 Apr 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > LOL! Very nice .... One six-foot booth, right?

        Oops, I dropped a zero: one sixty-foot booth.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • mejeep_ferret
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 4, 2011
          > http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/VisitToWoodys/dscn6819.jpg

          That's the stuff of my childhood: das blinkenlights
          - in real life: the computer center "fish bowl" at colleges
          and companies to show off their million dollar marvel
          - seeing all those techs at Mission Control
          during the Gemini, Apollo missions
          - and on TV: all those Irwin Allen kiddie shows
          mit spritzensparken! Even Star Trek gave into that!

          The Boston computer museum has large chunks of it on display,
          and a console was in the IBM Kingston facility lobby in the 90s.
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 4, 2011
            On Mon, 4 Apr 2011, mejeep_ferret wrote:

            >> http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/VisitToWoodys/dscn6819.jpg

            > The Boston computer museum has large chunks of it on display,
            > and a console was in the IBM Kingston facility lobby in the 90s.

            The Boston Computer Museum closed in 1999, and the SAGE sections were
            sent to Computer History Museum in Mountainview. I visited the Boston
            museum in 1987, and saw the equipment there.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...