Re: [midatlanticretro] Trenton

    Message 1 of 50 , Mar 30, 2011
      >>> I suppose that means that Evan will be there, in which
      case I'll assume we won't do the photo-shoot this weekend. I'm in Montreal the following weekend. I'm not free until IRS weekend.

      Okay.

      In case anyone forgot: take a deep breath; the "photo shoot" is for some of our * computers *, not people!
    • s100doctor
      Message 50 of 50 , Mar 16, 2014
        The TCF Flea Market was small but in a single large room; better than searching half a building as in the last few years. There was little "vintage" there but a few people had pre-1985 computing items for sale, and not expensive. I bought one. Parts vendors were there, I bought useful parts for vintage or replica work. There were a few small microkit vendors also. I'd compare it to a "local hamfest" event overall. Also, the Sarnoff Collection was nearby, and they showed some of their collection of RCA's computing history, including early 1802 devices.

        But TCF always brings out the "old school" of 70's and 80's microcomputer participants. They are worth meeting and some gave talks. There's how-to-make events for current "makers", the 3D printer and Arduino/RaspPi crowd. You can obtain a ham radio license in one day. And TCF always spoke to popular use of computing technology; that's simply become ordinary rather than extraordinary. The event was satisfactory and has value; the value has changed.

        Herb Johnson
        retrotechnology.com