David Ahl's in for VCF

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2011
      Nice chat w/ Dave A. just now. He's feeling a little better and says he's in for the VCF panel. Cool beans.

      Asked him a question about Byte vs Creative Computing. He explained that at first the companies were good partners. Byte was the hardware mag and CC the software. Then after 18 months their relationship fell apart and they started competing.
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 29, 2011

        On Mar 29, 2011 3:35 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

        > Nice chat w/ Dave A. just now. He's feeling a little better and says he's in for the VCF panel. Cool beans.
        >
        > Asked him a question about Byte vs Creative Computing. He explained that at first the companies were good partners. Byte was the hardware mag and CC the software. Then after 18 months their relationship fell apart and they started competing.

        Nice to hear that.
        Now if you could get the Editor from BYTE too that would be nice too. Maybe he's still living in NH.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 29, 2011
          >>> Now if you could get the Editor from BYTE too that would be nice too. Maybe he's still living in NH.

          No. Wayne Green turned into a lunatic. He lectured at VCF East #1 (long pre-MARCH) and rambled about UFOs and the end of days. Sellam and the audience were stunned.
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 29, 2011

            ~{sent *[from ±my] ^Android}

            On Mar 29, 2011 4:16 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

            > No. Wayne Green turned into a lunatic. He lectured at VCF East #1 (long pre-MARCH) and rambled about UFOs and the end of days. Sellam and the audience were stunned.

            No he got too much nme recognition. His divorced wife owned it and was the publisher . He did go off the deep end I think. I'm taking about the first Editor that really made it happen, Carl Helmers.

          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 29, 2011
              Thats great... He is a nice gentleman and is cool to talk to.